Friday, June 19, 2009

ColorSnap is Genius!




In the weeks before NeoCon, I receive loads of press releases touting all the new products that were launched during the show. One in particular caught my eye - Sherwin Williams' Color Snap. This Apple iPhone application allows users to quickly and easily capture hues from their surroundings and match them to more than 1,500 Sherwin-Williams colors! So I downloaded the app to my shiny new iPhone before NeoCon and when I arrived at NeoCon I headed to the Sherwin William's booth to get a quick tutorial. This is how it works-Find a color you love, snap the photo and receive the matching Sherwin-Williams paint color and coordinating palette. You even get coordinating color schemes, and RGB numbers and can create your own inspiration library of saved colors. And it's free!
I have already used it several times matching colors while shopping for rugs for a new client. Definitely a must have for your Designer toolkit.



No comments:

Post a Comment