Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ahead of The Curve- Wild Flora by Anna French

A year ago at Heimtextil, I was reintroduced to Anna French at the Thibaut booth. I fell head over heels in love again with her powerful use of color, bold scale and flair for the dramatic. Now I know that some of you might give me an argument about that- Tricia Guild for insistence- but I find myself drawn to most everything she does. Her new collection is no exception. Wild Flora is a gorgeous vintage floral collection that pushes the boundaries of document designs with printing techniques on foils and textured non-woven papers. Traditional designs are given a modern twist with mirrored flowers, white on white prints, and a tarnished metallic effect that resembles a Venetian palace mirror.


Velvet Jacquard, pictured here, is a striking design in purple on lime green, available in other colors including a soft pink /silver, black glitter, fushia and brown/rose gold.


Ok- fabri-olic that I am, I admit to having a sample of this hanging in my guest room. I am dying to use this in a window treatment. It is a soft, cut pile velvet weave from Italy with a vintage finish. It has longer pile flock that adds a glimmering fiber optic quality and sparkle to the room. The problem is I can't decide which color.











Songbirds- there are those bird motifs again- is stunning in Black/Silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment